We are seeking a Purchasing Specialist to join us at Helen of Troy in El Paso, TX. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in El Paso, TX, currently targeted on 9/1. Once our El Paso office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Purchasing Specialist will be a forward-thinking leader with proven abilities and achievements in a relevant accounting or finance role. The Purchasing Specialist will analyze overall spend across our U.S. and Canada locations, evaluate common purchases and deliver cost savings recommendations.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Works closely with the Purchasing Manager to target higher spend by Business Unit. Develops / implements cost saving strategies such as consolidation of purchasing requests, supplier optimization, vendor development, identified uncontrolled spend, best price comparison methods, and negotiated discounts.
- Partners with Business Units during budget season to identify key projects and plans accordingly to ensure the projects are carried out timely and efficiently.
- Sets yearly goals with Business Units on cost reductions and reports monthly progress of goals and target savings.
- Improves negotiation leverage by pre-contract involvement, advance planning, and the use of technology enhancements such as reverse auctioning and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO).
- Performs complex cost estimates or analysis and focuses on recommendation for cost savings opportunities.
- Works with acquisition targets to implement Helen of Troy cost-efficient practices.
- Identify best practices and innovations to improve contracting processes, systems, policies and procedures.
- Implements continuous improvement process techniques for efficient procurements.
- Coordinate and facilitate procurement related meetings such as kick-off and pre-proposal meetings, post award meetings, team briefings, and evaluation scorings.
- Research market sources and vendors to ensure cost reasonableness and competitive pricing for supplies and services.
- Represents the department and provide consultation and technical support, information and guidance on procurement and contract administration opportunities.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements with the Purchasing Manager for price and acceptability of items to specifications and teams up with the Legal department (when applicable) to review for legal correctness.
- Partners with the Procurement Agent and initiates the preparation of award recommendations.
- Reviews order specifications for conformance to company policies.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a competitive price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Analyzes market to determine future industry wide market price increases that can influence materials purchased for business operations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or five years of directly related experience in large-scale purchasing environment.
- Must have strong experience purchasing commodities and services through a bidding process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Preferred experience using: Workday, Oracle or a relatable ERP system. Office 365 (Excel, Word, SharePoint), must be highly skilled in Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, long detailed correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, or large group situations to internal and external customers.
- Ability to persuade, influence and impact others.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or in oral form.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.