The Lead Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting the warehouse supervisory team with training, coaching and overseeing the warehouse operational process. They are responsible to ensure that freight is loaded/unloaded from trailers or ocean containers and moved within the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. The job will require an individual who is dependable, reliable, detail oriented and safety minded who can function in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with training/coaching of warehouse team
- Assisting warehouse supervisory team to ensure process is followed according to SOPs
- Utilizing and assisting warehouse team (includes training and troubleshooting) in the utilization of Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure proper warehouse organization,
- Perform assignments as delegated by the warehouse supervisors
- Receiving goods on behalf of customers and suppliers: Offloading and loading vehicles, manual handling, checking paperwork, weighing, measuring, booking in freight, and reporting discrepancies in freight or paperwork, including damages
- Operation of stand-up, sit-down forklifts and hand jacks
- Palletization of loose and floor loaded cargo, stretch wrap and/or band
- Unloading/loading of trailers/ocean containers in a professional and damage free manner
- Preparing outbound loads to depart warehouse: Matching paperwork with freight, labeling, ULD preparation and handling
- Accurately signing off Bills of Lading, verifying counts and/or damages
- Staging cargo within the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner
- Responsible for general housekeeping to ensure warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained. This may include sweeping, consolidation of product, maintaining inventories and other tasks as needed
- Execute on all expectations surrounding quality per SOP or other customer requirements including reworking or recouping of freight
- Handling of logistics accounts, picking, packing, inventory reporting/stock checks as needed according to client-specific SOP
- Maintains the flow of materials and products in warehouses with varying degrees
- Routinely exceeds performance standards, i.e.; established KPI's
- Make sound recommendations related to process improvement, problem resolution and/or efficiency gains
- Ability to adapt/problem solve within their role, highly proficient/displays significant business understanding
- Assists in development of new SOP's related to new business or product, and/or process changes
- Models safe work practices
- Site Specific: Regular duties include cross-functional areas such as; receiving, loading, picking, shipping, etc.
- Site Specific: Completion of weekly bond checks
- Site Specific: Executing DFT procedures and regulations at all times, maintaining building perimeter security and challenging anything or anyone untoward
- Site Specific: Handling of bonded import freight into the ERTS facility in accordance with regulations and breakdown of inbound ULD's as required
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum 2 years of previous warehouse operations experience
- Certified forklift operator
- Site Specific: Ability to work flexible hours and days
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with Bills of Lading, Shipping Manifests, Delivery Orders, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Site Specific: Ability to speak Spanish
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.