Position: CNC Machinist
The machine operator is responsible for the daily operation of a variety of different machinery at a basic to moderate level including but not limited to Shears, Turret Punches, and Brake Presses. Must be able to read blueprints and be able to make basic modifications to programs for complex custom pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Produce complex custom pieces out of 10-18 gauge steel with shears, punch presses and brake presses .
- Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints & engineering drawings per job to ensure pieces that fall within tight tolerances.
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs including shearing, punching, and bending.
- Load programs and be able to do basic manipulation to ensure high quality parts.
- Feed raw material or parts to a semi- automated machine.
- QA of all products each shift
- Trouble shoot & fix basic issues
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift.
- Read and understand Blueprints
- Understanding of measurement instruments Must be proficient in the use of these tools and measurements down to 1/32 of an inch.
- 2+ years of experience on the operation of Turret punches, 80-110 ton Hydraulic Brake Presses and Hydraulic Shears.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Highschool diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, pull, slide large sheets of metal
Meet Your Recruiter
This job has expired.