Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
- Assess initial problem identification and supporting field emergencies after business hours, including Store Maintenance, Asset Management, and Operational issues by placing service call to appropriate contractors, or escalating issues as necessary.
- Provide first level support for internal corporate office issues, and second level of POS support by diagnosing and resolving various PC related problems ranging from software bugs to major hardware malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and repair various hardware equipment, such as Dell PCs, laser printer, receipt printers, cash drawer, barcode scanner, portable data terminals, etc.
- Support and monitor the installation and performance of store WAN equipment.
- Assist in training/troubleshooting with fellow POS Helpdesk Associates.
- Ensure that daily task are completed and all problems are attended to in the Supervisor's absence.
- Perform operational functions of polling store data. Schedule, monitor and control the processing, transmission and retrieval of store data.
This job has expired.
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Database software, Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. This includes Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of LAN technologies including routers, firewall, VPN, TCP/IP, VIOP, DHCP and DNS, Windows XP with focus on networking.
- Superior troubleshooting skills and the ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior telephone etiquette with the ability to communicate information in a language that is easily understood by client group.
- Hands-on experience diagnosing problems with PC hardware.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of associates and outside vendors.
- Must have leadership and training capabilities.
- Strong positive attitude, people-oriented and have a willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours as required.