Reporting to the Manager, Processing, the Loan Processor will ensure the timely and accurate packaging of all loans originated by our loan officers and lender clients. Responsibilities also include assisting Credit Analysts with the credit approval and monitoring process by gathering financial and credit information with a focus on credit quality and overall risk management. This role will also prepare spreadsheets and other underwriting tools to be used in the credit analysis, annual reviews, monthly compliance reports and other related documents on existing and prospective clients.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Gather information and take each file from pre-approval to closing.
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with company policy.
- Verify loan documents including income credit appraisal and title insurance ultimately preparing application for submittal to underwriting.
- Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. Order and coordinate loan documents.
- Meet crucial deadlines requested.
- Communicate with borrowers, fellow employees and clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Contact each borrower in a timely manner to introduce yourself and go over the process and items needed
- Read and understand appraisals, AUS findings, title and credit reports;
- Utilize basic business math to calculate income, assets, taxes and monthly insurance
- Understand rules regulations, policies and/or procedures along with investor guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge about the industry, market trends, competitive position, etc.
- Strive to achieve and exceed productivity expectations and standards
- 'Pre-underwrite' loan files, assuming what conditions may be needed prior to the file being underwritten by the underwriter.
- Develop Policies and Procedures and best practice checklists
- Work closely with vendors and conduct training as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience as Loan Processor is required
- Must have experience working remotely as a loan processor
- Read, interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Accurately document all information pertaining to accounts
- Knowledge of the laws governing access to public and private records
- Strong computer skills; Must be able to move through the LOS system and other programs
- Time management: Knowing the cut-off times for funding and underwriting so that the file moves smoothly and does not lose a rate lock.
- Knowledge of GFE, APR, interest rates and disclosure/re-disclosure time lines
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Perform any additional duties/activities assigned or needed by the business
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
This job has expired.