Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
This position is primarily responsible for sales and use tax compliance. Responsible for managing the proper tax collection, tax reporting, tax audits, and registration functions for multistate retail and Ecommerce business operating in the US and Canada.
- Primarily responsible for sales and use tax compliance.
- Ensure proper sku taxability within our systems, to adhere to taxing authorities regulations.
- Manage the sales tax filing process.
- Oversee and advise on the proper assessment of use tax.
- Handle sales and use tax audits. Present audit findings to Sr Management.
- Research new jurisdictional regulations as they arise.
- Oversee the sales tax registration of our seasonal Spirit Halloween business locations.
- Collaborate on cross functional teams on projects related to sales tax systems.
- Ensure proper reflection of sales tax related activity in the General Ledger.
- Supervise a team
- Manage the work flow within the department in order to increase efficiency and insure accuracy
This job has expired.
- Three to four years relevant work experience. Bachelor's degree a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge of Excel software.
- Knowledge of a third party sales tax software such as Vertex is a plus.
- Knowledge of multistate sales tax
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the relationships between systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to manage other associates