The Director, Nephrology Marketing is a highly visible position within the Nephrology Business Unit. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to building core strategic commercial elements for successful launches, Brand Planning, and in-line brand life cycle management. The role will require cross-functional and organizational leadership to effectively develop and execute brand strategy, and effectively monitor and evaluate performance. This role will serve as Launch Lead for a new product launch.
This position will partner closely with Field Leadership, Market Access, Business Analysis & Insights, Medical Affairs / MSLs, Training and Development, and be responsible for consistently monitoring Net Sales and expense budgets to maximize product contribution.
Qualifications and Competencies
* Commercial/Strategic Marketing Acumen - Must possess exceptional commercial acumen and strategic marketing skills. This individual should have product launch or new indication launch experience, having consistently achieved Net Sales and market share objectives. Specialty Market or Nephrology experience required; Dialysis experience a plus. Leader should also have experience across multiple stages of product lifecycle (Development through Phase III) and have supported new product development by working with cross-functional teams, providing commercial input and advice, evaluating target profiles and making recommendations that enhance long-term commercial value.
* Results Orientation - This new leader brings a strong entrepreneurial drive and can translate ideas to action, with the motivation to help build a Nephrology Business Unit. S/he will have a history of successfully managing complex projects and driving for improvement of business results. This individual is energized by a challenge, sets stretch goals, and delivers beyond expectations.
* Team Leadership - Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead home office and field teams, having managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions. S/he must be a strong leader with a track record of attracting, developing, and retaining top-tier talent. This leader should be experienced in optimizing team performance and creating an atmosphere of true teamwork, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas. Leadership through Launch Readiness and Brand Planning will be early key deliverables. The ideal candidate will lead with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line, take appropriate risk and motivate individuals and teams to perform at their highest level.
* Collaborate/Influence - The leader must have demonstrated the ability to collaborate effectively across functions, build alignment and drive high performance around key objectives. In addition, possess excellent communication skills, be an excellent listener and employ frequent and effective follow-up.
* At least 7+ years of industry or consulting experience and a strong track record of success in commercial leadership roles of increasing scope and scale.
* A proven strategic marketer with a strong commercial mindset. At least 3 years in marketing, pre-launch market planning / new product commercialization, business development, or a combination thereof.
* Nephrology and / or Specialty Marketing experience strongly preferred.
* An undergraduate degree in a relevant disciple such as marketing, science, or finance is required. An advanced science degree (MBA, MD, RN, PharmD, PhD) is preferred.
* Must bring a strong understanding of the specialty pharmaceutical commercialization process.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.