EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Category Construction Inspection
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is looking for highly qualified, detail-oriented Construction Inspectors with varying levels of experience to work on transportation infrastructure construction projects in the Boston, MA area. Projects may include rail, paving, roadway, utility, bridge or heavy highway construction. Experience working with MassDOT, MBTA or other public agency standard specifications preferred.
- Any level of Rail/Signal/Highway/Bridge/Asphalt/Concrete construction inspection experience and/or certifications is encouraged to apply
- Prepare comprehensive documentation
- Complete the PSA/IDR's reports at the end of each day
- Review schedules and plans
- Prepare work orders/estimates
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- OSHA-10 Construction Safety certification is a plus
- ACI, CCI, NETTCP Paving/Soils, stormwater/erosion control, and/or traffic control certifications, and CWI certifications are a plus
- Municipal experience is also a plus
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP04 - Wilmington Main
This job has expired.